Is Honey the best Ayurvedic Cough Syrup ?
It is hard to perform or do your daily tasks once you find yourself sick with a cough. It is a discomfort that may cause difficulty in breathing and chest pains. In worse case scenarios, you may find yourself having a hard time sleeping. If you know some cough home remedy, it may come in handy in relieving yourself of this.
Since coughing is a illness commonly experienced by humans, it is not hard to treat it. You can find so many treatment for cough. And you don’t really need to cook or mix out-of-this world herbs and oils. You can treat yourself by turning ordinary kitchen items into home remedy for cough.
Cough Home Remedy and Symptoms
To cough is the body’s method to flush out foreign material (or mucus) from the lungs and throat. It is mostly caused by the inflammation of the pharynx, smoking, allergens such as dust, smoke, pollen grains and chemical fumes, asthma, and weather changes.
Coughs are generally categorized into two types: acute and chronic. Acute cough can last for about 2 weeks while chronic coughing lasts longer. General symptoms of coughing may include fever, chills, body aches, sore throat, nausea, headache, sinus pressure, runny nose, postnasal drips, and wheezing.
In some occasions, coughing can be a sign of an underlying medical problem. If you find yourself coughing consistently and your cough treatment seemed ineffective, you might want to seek for medical help for medication. It might be a symptom of something more severe than what you are currently experiencing. For verification, schedule an appointment with a doctor for other treatments aside from your reliable home remedy for cough.
One you are examined by the doctor and have cleared your condition, you may seek for his advice also on the best home remedy for cough.
Cough Home Remedy Dos and Don’ts
Here is a short list of the best home remedies that you can find in your kitchen: ? Onion is a very helpful cough treatment. Take 1-2 teaspoons of onion juice and add 1-2 teaspoons of honey. Take it at least 2 times a day.
- You can also try a homemade cough syrup made with onion juice, lemon juice and honey. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of onion juice with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Pour a little amount of water and boil. After, add 2 teaspoons of honey.
- You can also make tea. Add a little piece of ginger cut in small slices, 1-2 garlic seeds and a small amount of lemon juice. Mix in with water in a saucepan and let it boil for about 15 to 20 minutes. Add a little honey.
- Dos and don’ts when you have a cough are:
- Avoid cold foods. These can worsen the throat further. Always drink warm water. It will provide relief to your throat.
- Avoid any fruits and vegetables that may cause too much cooling in your body. Do not eat cucumbers, green bananas, papayas as well as watermelons.
- Eat fibrous foods.
- Avoid nuts since these have high oil content.
Most importantly, ingest proper balanced diet, avoid mutton, caffeine, any type of oily and spicy food, sugar, and chocolates. Avoid cold drinks and ice cream if you want your cough home remedy to be effective.